Features of UbuntuFollowing are some of the significant features of Ubuntu −
- The desktop version of Ubuntu supports all the normal software on Windows such as Firefox, Chrome, VLC, etc.
- It supports the office suite called LibreOffice.
- Ubuntu has an in-built email software called Thunderbird, which gives the user access to emails such as Exchange, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- There are a host of free applications for users to view and edit photos.
- There are also applications to manage videos and it also allows the users to share videos.
- It is easy to find content on Ubuntu with a smart searching facility.
- The best feature is, it is a free operating system and is backed by a huge open source community.
Release Cycle of UbuntuEvery year there are 2 releases of Ubuntu, one in April and one in October, from Canonical. The version number normally denotes the year in which the software was released. For example, version 14.04 specifies that it was released in the year 2014 and in the month of April. Similarly, version 16.04 specifies that it was released in the year 2016 and in the month of April. The April build every year is the more stable build, while the October build does a lot of experimentation on new features. The official site for Ubuntu is https://www.ubuntu.com/ The site has all information and documentation about the Ubuntu Software. It also has the download links for both the server and desktop versions of Ubuntu.